Indications for Cystectomy.
- Multiple papillary tumours of bladder uncontrolled by endoscopic means, chemotherapy or immunotherapy (Ta and T1).
- Invasive TCC of the bladder (T2, T3).
- Bladder TCC invading the prostate (T4a).
- Squamous cell carcinoma, Sarcoma or adenocarcimoma of the bladder.
- Palliation for pain, bleeding or urinary frequency.
- Cystectomy is traditionally performed using an open approach, meaning the surgeon must make a large abdominal incision to access the bladder.
Robotic Cystectomy offers several potential benefits to bladder cancer patients over traditional open surgery, including:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less occurrence of major complications
- Shorter hospital stay
- Quicker recovery of bowel function